Mark Wagner, Vice President, Analytics, Scotiabank
As the VP of Analytics, Mark has the responsibility of solving key business problems across Scotiabank’s Corporate Functions areas including Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Operations using advanced analytics and AI. He is also establishing a bank-wide Community of Practice for analytics aimed at building a best-in-class and analytics-first mindset.
Mark has been with the Bank since 2009, where he’s lead a number of key areas across global risk management and information technology to accelerate the potential of data and analytics across business lines in Canada and the global footprint.
Prior to Scotiabank, Mark held progressive roles across the financial services industry, investment banking, as well as the government working as a Federal Economist specializing in science, technology and innovation.
• 10+ years of experience across information technology and global risk management including analytics, strategy, modeling & technology
• Leadership for the development and delivery of strategic analytic and decisioning solutions for Consumer and Small Business Lending
• Agile project management expertise for advanced analytics
• Queen’s University, Masters of Management Analytics
• Wilfrid Laurier University, Masters of Business Economics
• Wilfrid Laurier University, Bachelors of Economics